By Ben Carlson, CFA
A Wealth of Common Sense
Some lessons from a crazy year in the markets:
- Investing when things look bleak remains a profitable strategy.
- Maybe the stock market is smarter than all of us.
- If it’s in the headlines, it’s too late.
- History can be a crude guide.
- The outcomes will always seem obvious in hindsight.
- Markets are getting faster.
- Buy and hold is still pretty hard to beat.
- Bonds can fall too.
- Buying during a bear market is hard.
- The stock market has the ability to make you feel like an idiot and a genius in the same year.