“In 2020, the markets gave us all an opportunity to become better investors.”
–Joe Terranova, Chief Market Strategist, Virtus Investment Partners
This edition covers five lessons for investors from the markets in 2020 and expectations for 2021:
- Lesson # 1: Discipline: The roller coaster ride is worth it, if ridden correctly.
- Lesson # 2: Awareness: Be observant of the facts.
- Lesson # 3: Knowledge: Truth is in the data, and myths are often found in the chase for performance.
- Lesson # 4: Humility: Respect all the letters in the alphabet, not just one.
- Lesson # 5: Diversification: A market correction does not have to equate to a portfolio correction.