Tax Center: Turbo Tax
Importing Tax Data into TurboTax®
As a Virtus Mutual Funds shareholder and user of TurboTax, you may be able to securely import certain mutual fund information directly from your account to TurboTax. Here's how.
What Information You Can Import:
Tax forms 1099-B and 1099-DIV for non-retirement accounts may be securely imported into Turbo Tax and tax form 1099-R may be securely imported into Turbo Tax for retirement accounts.
The instructions below will provide the steps to assist you with importing your Virtus Mutual Funds tax-related data into TurboTax. Virtus Mutual Funds do not provide customer support relating to the TurboTax software; for a list of frequently asked questions, please refer to TurboTax's Help tab.
If you have questions about your Virtus Mutual Funds tax documents, please contact your financial advisor or call one of our Client Service Representatives at 800-243-1574.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below before importing your tax documents.
How to Import Your Information
Once you receive your Form-1099, have it available to verify the important information and follow these simple steps.
- Sign in to TurboTax to open or continue your return.
- Search for 1099-B (or the form you want to import) and select “Go to” in the search results.
- Follow the screens and you’ll be able to import your Virtus Mutual Funds tax form(s).
- Tip: Be sure to enter “Virtus” as the financial institution. If you select the wrong financial institution, you won’t be able to import.
- Select “Automatically import my forms” then click “Continue”.
- Enter your Virtus Mutual Funds Account Number (do not include any fund number or trading symbol) and enter your formatted Social Security Number (or EIN taxpayer ID for trust accounts) including dashes (eg., XXX-XX-XXXX format for SSN's or XX-XXXXXXX for EIN's).
- Select “Set up automatic Import”.
- Click on “I’m not a robot” box and select the appropriate boxes to the question provided, then click “VERIFY”. Once cleared of CAPTCHA click “Continue”.
- Your Virtus Mutual Funds tax form(s) will appear allowing you to view the details of each document by clicking “View Details” to the right of the document(s). When you are finished reviewing the details, select “Close” to return to the import page.
- Click on “Import Now” to import the selected items into your TurboTax return.
- From the Import Summary screen, select “Done”.
If you have multiple accounts, all related tax form data for your taxpayer ID number should be imported in the above single step.
Terms and Conditions
Virtus Mutual Funds and their affiliates and service providers (collectively, "Virtus") do not provide tax advice. Please consult a tax professional for advice specific to your individual circumstances.
Important: Be sure to verify that the imported information matches the information contained in the tax forms provided by Virtus Mutual Funds. The tax data provided for the import is an additional service and there is no guarantee that it is sufficient for tax reporting purposes. Virtus is not liable for your reliance upon or use of the import feature or the data provided through such feature. If you have specific questions regarding the preparation of your tax return, contact your tax advisor, the IRS, or the state(s) to which you report.
It is important to understand that the tax information imported into TurboTax products may not be all of the information required for you to properly complete the investment income portion of your federal and/or state tax return. It is essential that you complete the TurboTax Interview and/or Review processes in their entireties to ensure that all imported information is correctly reported to the IRS and/or the state(s) to which you report.